Doctors around the country often state how golf is the finest rehabilitation tool for anyone physically, cognitively or sensory challenged who have suffered from strokes, spine injuries, heart attacks, M.S., severe arthritis, TBI, limb loss and more.
They have discovered that golf:
-Improves hand-eye coordination
-Improves balance-Builds strength in the hands, arms and legs
-Gets patients outside and active again thus helping build one’s self-esteem
-Improves patient compliance-Creates a better therapist/patient understanding of the challenges faced
-Is a rewarding and popular sport
-Can be played by anyone, regardless of age or physical disabilities
Why Adaptive Golf?
- 57 million people in the U.S. have a disability, that’s 1 in 5 Americans!
- 18 million would like to play golf but do not have or are denied resources
- Approximately 22 million Veterans in the U.S.
- 3.7 million Veterans have served since 2001; Iraq/Afghanistan (OEF-OIF)
- Over 500k Veterans of OEF-OIF have PTSD: Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
Nearly 300k Veterans from OEF-OIF have been diagnosed with TBI: Traumatic Brain Injuries